Friday, June 4, 2010

sewing

So I had a little bit of a sewing bug about a month before Marriner was born.  So after I made him a few burp clothes, a blanket and a changing pad and a pillow for him and Tanner.   I made each of the girls a dress and matching flower barrettes, then I started in on the skirt making.  I made each of the 3 different types of skirts.  I made them about 4 twirly skirts with matching headbands.  Then I made each of them the matching skirt pictured below I’m not sure what to call it.  But my favorite skirt(s) I made are the ones pictured at the bottom.  I made them for Kaylynn’s baptism (and matching headbands).  I loved how they turned out and they are my own creation inspired by another skirt I saw.  I just figured out how to make them a lot easier.  I call them banded double ruffle skirts. Sorry there isn’t that great of a picture.    I’ll try and post pictures of all of the skirts later it was a lot of fun and I only have one more type of skirt I want to make it’s a patchwork skirt but now that Marriner is here the bug is kind of gone so it will have to wait until next time.

 

019024 017

2 comments:

  1. You remain my hero. Is there anything you're NOT good at? (Besides rollerskating, I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get patterns for those super cute skirts, please share! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete