Sunday, February 3, 2013

1 Year ago

One year ago I had the worst day of my life, one year ago it was my 33rd birthday, one year ago we found out our little baby was very sick and would probably die.  6 weeks and 4 days later he did.  So I hate my birthday now, it will forever be that horrid day.  So this year my 2 lovely sisters and husband who knew it would be a hard day for me decided to change my big day to February 2nd.  All the cake(s) presents and festivities happened on the 2nd.  We had a cake off.  My two sisters, Cameron and my brother-in-law all made a cake and then I got to judge which one was best.  (I’ll add those pictures later, Cam has the camera.) They also got me a donkey piñata to beat the crap out of, so I could beat some “donkey” on my birthday.  This year on the 3rd I cried, went to church, cried some more and slept.  I silently in my head  counted down the hours till we knew, how many blissful hours of ignorance we had left.  I was/am so sad for her.  I still can’t believe it has been 1 year.

 

   My awesome piñata, smelling my flowers.

028

Cam got me this beautiful ring I have wanted for years.  Thanks babe!

037001

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! I had no idea that day was tied to your birthday. Love that your family thought of you and made sure to make your birthday special on a day when it wouldn't be as hard.

    ReplyDelete