Saturday, March 10, 2012

Paytyn Ann, 8 YEARS!!!

Paytyn Ann was born on the 2nd of March 2004.  Her birth was by far the easiest of all my labor/recovery experiences.  She was born very quickly and without any pain, and I didn’t even have an epidural.  I kept asking the nurse, shouldn’t I be in some kind of pain? Shouldn’t this be hurting? Even afterwards it never felt like I had just had a baby,  and maybe that’s because Paytyn was our only child who broke the 9 lbs. mold.  She was a tiny 7 lbs. 6 oz.  She also spent the first 3 months of her life asleep. She was such a happy, sleepy baby.   Paytyn was also born on what would have been Dr. Seuss’ 100th birthday.  So often she will request to have green eggs and ham for breakfast.  Paytyn is pretty shy, but she doesn’t let that stop her from doing most things that she wants to do.  Paytyn is very athletic and is super speedy.  That girl can run! She is also very good at soccer. She is also very much a girly girl, she takes great pains in how she looks and loves to wear dresses and skirts. She is also currently taking piano, which she has a love/hate relationship with, but I’m glad she is sticking it out.  Paytyn also does really well in school and is enjoying 2nd grade, and her 2nd grade teacher a lot.  She is also doing the school play this year and will be a locust.  We are so lucky to have Paytyn in our family, she is a big help with her younger brothers and sister and she is by far my best cleaner/worker.  She has such a sweet personality and is very loving, and caring.  I’m truly honored to be her mom.

090001002003006007008009010011013014015016017

Paytyn decided she wanted to go to DQ for her birthday dinner.  We also went shopping the next day so she could spend her birthday $$.   All in all I think she had a great birthday. 

FYI—Paytyn is scheduled to be baptized on March 30th at 6:30 p.m.  (hopefully)  with everything that is going on, we might have to change it.  But everyone is invited who can attend.

2 comments:

  1. I think my daughter, Karlee, and your daughter would love eachother. They are the same age and Karlee loves soccer too. Happy Bday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had that birth experience! That's awesome! And I just LOVE that you celebrate the dr. Seuss part of things. I just told my husband about that and he said, "We should look up things that happened on our kids birthdays!" You've started something, we're going to make that a tradition I think.

    ReplyDelete