Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Xander Day

Cameron took today off work, so I started the day off hiding under my covers and crying my eyes out.  Then my sister came and watched the little kiddos while Cameron and I went to the temple, we stayed a long, long time it was really nice just to sit in the celestial room and soak in the peace, comfort and love.  It was hard to leave, but since we can’t actually live there we finally left and went to lunch.  After we got back I made the birthday cake and we mostly just hung out with the kiddos until dinner.  We went out to a new place called The Melty Way, it serves gourmet grilled cheese, a perfect place for kids, they all loved it.  Then we had the cake, I debated singing Happy Birthday or not, I didn’t think I could do it, but after thinking about it and going to the temple I could do it.  Because it really is his birthday, even if he isn’t here, and who knows maybe he heard us.   Then we all blew out the candles.  We put on 30 one for every minute of his life.  Then we took a family picture, we haven’t taken one since his memorial, I just wasn’t ready yet, but now I think I’d like to get a real one done. I feel like ending the day like it started so I think I will.

 

007

009

2 comments:

  1. Love the 30 candles. What a great idea. Way to make it special, just for Xander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful new posts. I thought of you all day today.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete